Prompted by rave reviews from Lady Gaga and our own clients I wanted to share the enormous benefits of an unusual treatment we offer, the Far infrared sauna. Lady Gaga has been very open about loving the Far infrared sauna to help manage her own health issue, fibromyalgia and the world-famous Mayo Clinic also know the benefits are huge. Gaga’s Netflix documentary ‘Gaga Five foot two’ gave her ‘little monsters’ AKA her fans have an intimate view of her life. And let us all know a bit more about the superstar, including an insight into her fibromyalgia and what it’s like to live with the condition. Her condition was sparked by a hip injury a number of years ago on tour, though there are a variety of causes that the NHS outlines. We are the only Manchester city centre location where you can get far infrared sauna so we wanted to make sure you know what you’re getting:)
What is Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia (also known as fibromyalgia syndrome) is a long term condition, causing pain all over the body. It causes a range of additional symptoms, including:
- muscle stiffness
- difficulty sleeping
- increased sensitivity to pain
- irritable bowel syndrome.
How far infrared sauna helps fibromyalgia
Far infrared radiation (also known as FIR) acts by penetrating deep into your skin, past the epidermis, dermis and right through to your subcutaneous layer which includes fats and toxins, a huge 4-9cm into your body. It improves your blood circulation and enhances your immune system, meaning your body can respond better to pain and toxins itself, so you are facilitating your body’s natural healing.
What health issues far infrared saunas can help you manage
- Better metabolism via improved fluid circulation
- Burns calories (600 per hour) – you’ll perspire 2-3 times as much than a traditional sauna
- Ease your joint stiffness and muscle tension
- Benefits your skin tone and texture
- Helps reduce appearance of cellulite
- Reduces stress in your muscles and
- Removes toxins from your body (a client was wanting to detox from mercury and plastics from eating fish – so they opted for the far infrared sauna).